European SME Week 2014 will take place from 29th September to 5th October. Co-ordinated by the European Commission this campaign promotes enterprise across Europe and is taking place in 37 countries, with events being organsied at local, regional and national level.
Your local Enterprise Europe Network (EEN) based at Waterford Chamber would like to remind local businesses and potential entrepreneurs that we are available during SME Week and all other times to assist you with any queries you may have regarding a setting up or running your business.
Waterford Chamber and EEN will run five informative workshops during European SME Week. These workshops will be free of charge and all are welcome.
Thursday, 2nd October
09.30am-10.30am: Business Planning
10.40am-11.40am: Branding Strategy
11.50am-12.50am: How To Get More Business Online
Friday, 3rd October
09.30am-10.30am: Working with the Tech Transfer Office in WIT
10.40am-11.40am: SME Instrument in Horizon 2020
Click here to view workshop outlines and speaker profiles
Places are limited so booking is essential. For bookings please contact Michelle McHugh at 051 872639 or email
Job Title: Membership & Events Executive
Overview: We are currently inviting applications for the above position in Waterford Chamber. The ideal candidate will have the ability to deliver under all key attributes outlined below and to develop the profile of Waterford Chamber as a key business organisation (representing over 350 businesses), actively involved in promoting Waterford as an ideal location to work, live & do business.
This is a permanent full-time position (9am-5pm, Monday to Friday). The successful candidate must be available to work flexible hours as required by Chamber events.
Remuneration will be in line with relevant educational & business experience.
Reporting to: CEO and Board of Directors
Education & Experience:
- Minimum relevant Degree level qualification required
- Proven event/project management experience essential
- Experience working in a relevant business
- Scheduling, management, administration and budgeting for all Chamber events
- Securing event sponsorship
- Contact programme with event sponsors
- Developing a speaker programme
- Carry out post-event evaluation (e.g. survey of attendees)
- Collection of membership subscriptions in line with budget
- Meeting with potential new members
- Recruitment of new members
- Retention of existing members
- Maintain the membership database
- To report to the Chamber CEO as required on key performance issues
- To help develop & deliver on Chamber’s strategic direction
- Playing a key role in representing the Chamber both locally & regionally
- To support the administration of the Chamber’s affairs in accordance with its rules & regulations
- To work as part of a wider team in Chamber and with key stakeholders across Waterford
- Ensure that public relations & communications are delivered in an effective manner at all times
- Strong communications & media/PR skill
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access) and IT skills
- General administration skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Customer service
- Sales & marketing
- Financial planning and ability to manage budgets
- Knowledge of local business community
- Full driving license and own means of transport
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
How to apply for this position:
CVs should be sent by post only by Friday, 17th October to:
2 George’s Street
Waterford Chamber hosted a Business Breakfast with Kevin O'Sullivan, Editor of the Irish Times on Friday, 26th September at Dooley's Hotel. Pictured below (l-r): Dr Derek O'Byrne, Chamber President; Kevin O'Sullivan, Editor, The Irish Times; Cllr Lola O'Sullivan, Mayor of the Metropolitan District; Nick Donnelly, Chamber CEO. Photo by Leo Murphy Photography.
Click here to read Kevin's speech
Sustainable Manufacturing - Managing improvements into the future
The second annual Waterford Chamber multi-sector conference will focus on Lean Management and Manufacturing Information Systems.
Lean Manufacturing and Manufacturing Information Systems (MIS) are widely used within businesses in the South East to systematically find and sustain value. Lean makes obvious what adds value by removing waste. It is successful in both the manufacturing and the services sectors and can also be found in a Waterford school. Effective lean management requires committed leadership, organisation-wide cultural focus, employee engagement, and genuine respect for people.
Manufacturing Information Systems provide the right information at the right time to help operational people, from operators to managers, decide how the conditions on the plant floor can be optimised to improve production output.
Date: Thursday, 9th October 2014
Venue: Tower Hotel, Waterford
Download Conference Brochure & Booking Form
The Government's Budget for 2015 will be presented by the Minister for Finance Michael Noonan TD on 14th October. Waterford Chamber in association with PricewaterhouseCoopers will host a Breakfast Briefing which will outline the key issues arising from this Budget.
Tax experts from PricewaterhouseCoopers will outline the detailed changes in the Budget and well-known economist Jim Power will provide an overview of the effect of the budget on the economy.
Date: Wednesday, 15th October
Time: 7.45am (breakfast & registration), 8.30-9.30am (presentations)
Venue: Dooley's Hotel
Cost: €20 per person
BOOKINGS: Call Michael at 051 311132 or email