Please be advised that the 226th Annual General Meeting of Waterford Chamber and the 26th Annual General Meeting of Waterford Chamber of Commerce, a Company Limited by Guarantee, will take place at Dooley’s Hotel, Waterford on Monday, 27th May at 5.30pm.
Please note that this meeting should conclude no later than 6.30pm – registration and light refreshments will be available at 5.15pm to ensure a prompt start.
RSVP & Apologies: Call Sheila at 051 872639 or email
- Minutes of 2012 AGM and Matters Arising
- Address by Orm Kenny, outgoing President
- Report on Chamber Activity 2012
- Hon. Treasurer’s report for the year ending 31/12/12 and presentation of the Audited Accounts for that period
- Reappointment of the Auditors
- Installation of Nora Widger as incoming President
- Confirmation of Graham Doyle as Deputy President
- Election of Vice President
- Any Other Business
Waterford Chamber, in association with Adelphi Financial Brokers, hosted a Breakfast Briefing on how tax can be minimised on a private pension and how the tax benefits of pensions can be best exploited.
Adelphi Financial Brokers
Adelphi Financial Brokers is an Investment Business Firm based in Waterford, serving the South East of Ireland and beyond. Our team of highly trained and experienced advisors offers truly independent financial advice in Mortgages & Lending, Life & Pensions and Savings & Investments. The founding Directors, John Smiles and John O'Byrne, with over 40 years experience in financial services between them, continue to head up the business today. Adelphi Financial Brokers is Regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland
Date: Tuesday, 28th May
Venue: Dooley’s Hotel, Waterford
Cost to attend is €25 for Skillnet members and Chamber members, and €35 for non-members. To book a place contact Sara Mullally at 051 311139 or email
Waterford Chamber HR Club, in conjunction with White HR Solutions is pleased to bring you another in a series of expert briefings on HR & Employment Law Issues for 2013. Ria White, HR Consultant will be joined by John Goff, Solicitor with Waterford firm Nolan Farrell & Goff for what promises to be an insightful and informative session.
Aimed at HR professionals, business owners, people managers, delegates will hear about up to date employment law and HR topics, outlined below as well as learning about the results from our recent survey on proactive HR Matters.
8.00am Registration & Light Breakfast
8.15am John P. Goff, Partner, Nolan Farrell & Goff Solicitors - Termination of Employment
- The importance of having and following Disciplinary Procedures
- Practical Issues in Disciplinary proceedings
- Settlement Negotiations
- Mandatory Retirement
- Lessons from recent case law
8.45am Ria White, HR Consultant - Proactive HR Matters
- Social Media – Assessing your risk & current policies
- Dignity at Work – review definitions & focus on cyber-bullying
- Leave of Absence – update on legal entitlements & policy requirements
- Evaluating Performance – 6 simple steps to teach your managers - how to coach the underperformers
- HR Survey Results – Trends in Proactive HR Matters
9.15am Interactive Questions & Answers Session
Date: Wednesday, 12th June
Venue: Large Room, City Hall
Aimed at Health and Safety and HR professionals, business owners and managers, delegates will learn about up to date Health and Safety obligations on employers/employees contained in the Health and Safety Act 2005 Section 13b, managing the performance of employees who report for or are on duty under the influence of intoxicants (defined as drugs and alcohol) and standards recommended by the Health and Safety Authority to conduct employee intoxicant testing.
For full details of this upcoming seminar, please click here to view the brochure & booking form.
Continuing Professional Development Awards
Professional Development Hours (P.D.H.’s) will be awarded by the Employee Assistance Certification Commission (EACC) for attendance. The Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) members will be able to allocate CPD points to the course at the rate of 3 points per day.